STD Screen at Medi-Lab Salford Quays

The 'Promotions' forum is for the posting of promotional material relating to the British adult entertainment industry, as well as the seeking and commissioning of work by models and producers working in the British adult entertainment industry.
Jill

STD Screen at Medi-Lab Salford Quays

Post by Jill »

Private & Confidential Service:-
Contact Jill for STD Screens - Tel.0161 7721200
Full STD Screen includes:

Chlamydia/ Gonnorrhoea
HIV 1&2
Hepatitis B & C
Syphillis Total Cost: ?113.00

Full consultation and counselling provided, plus rapid turn around of results in a friendly and informal atmosphere.
RudeMedic

Re: STD Screen at Medi-Lab Salford Quays

Post by RudeMedic »

Sorry but i'm a bit confused how do you give a rapid turn around for Gonorrhoea and Chlamydia results?

Bodi

Post by Bodi »

I can vouch for these people as i use them.

Friendly people and they will be able to confirm how they operate.
RogerCockUK

Post by RogerCockUK »

I use this place all the time and have encouraged other models to come here.
I asked JILL to post here as there seems to be some concern about getting tests or seeking somewhere good and local up North to quite a number of new models and established models - Jill's great!

Nice one Jill...

Roger Cock
www.unionfilms.co.uk
ROGER COCK
(producer /director /editor /pro cameraman /Stud)
Bodi

Post by Bodi »

Yes quite true.

If anyone is in doubts about their quick turnaround, perhaps a clue is in their name. Lab meaning Laboratory.
RudeMedic

Post by RudeMedic »

I don't doubt that they are really nice people, and that they can provide quick results for HIV tests as i know even in the NHS you can get a HIV result within a short period of time so a private lab will be able to get results even quicker. My concern is that chlamydia and gonorrhoea are bacteria (not viruses like HIV) so although chlamydia can be tested for quite quickly it is my understanding (and if you read my post in the huge debate i freely admit that my knowledge is a bit suspect on such matters) that the only definitive test for both are to grow cultures/smears from a source and that takes time (like at least a couple of days). Btw since my original post in this topic I've rechecked my knowledge and haven't really found any flaws. But if I'm wrong then i'm happy to be wrong as it means i've learnt something
RogerCockUK

Post by RogerCockUK »

Guess you better speak to JILL and the excellent team - They can explain the tech. parts - I remember Me and Estelle(Mercedes) awaiting the results before the new machines went in and allowed 3 days for the Clamydia tests etc., as you say because of culturing them and testing them... But I was assured the machines would speed up the process of testing... I an sure they Know what they are talking about RudeMedic..?

Roger Cock
ROGER COCK
CharlieChick

Post by CharlieChick »

Hi All,

The reason that Medi-Lab are very quick to get Chlamydia/ Gonnorrhoea test results back is because they use the vary latest NAAT (Nucleic acid amplification Tests) Technology, which multiplies and locates the DNA of the infection or something along them lines. This means this form of testing does not require a culture to be grown and incubated therefore greatly reducing the amount of time needed before results come back.

This form of testing has many benefits;
Only requires a urine sample, No More ureathal swabs!
Can be tested for both infections from the one sample.
Is equal or more sensitive than a culture test and can detect infection from any infected site. Rather than having to obtain a swab from every diffrent site and actually locate the infection.

Jill mentioned that the new quicker machines that they have got are even faster and that results can be obtained within 24 hours, (I think thats right). Which, if I am correct, they will be the fastest clinic in the country.
I'll find out on Monday.

Charlie xx
[url=http://www.charlieholays.com]Charlie Holays.com[/url]
RogerCockUK

Post by RogerCockUK »

Yes indeed CharlieChick is correct - Jill was explaining that to me a month ago and she was excited that these new machines coming to Medi-Lab, Trafford Park..

Might see you there CharlieChick? I am in Monday too...

Roger Cock
ROGER COCK
Snake Diamond

Post by Snake Diamond »

I'm living down in Gloucestershire, is there any local to this area for getting tests done ?

Snake Diamond,
Fangs that bite!