Apologies

This forum is intended for the discussion and sharing of information on the topic of British born and British-based female performers in hard-core adult films and related matters.
Charlotte

Apologies

Post by Charlotte »

You're right, this clearly isn't the right forum though I'd like to thank the people who've been helpful.

And yes you're right that the majority of what goes out about the adult industry has absolutely no worth whatsoever.

I can imagine it's difficult to get passed the frustration at this enough even to discuss my request for what it is.... the first time I have ever approached the adult industry to make a film, my own genuine belief in teens being given a voice, and a wholehearted request for help and constructive guidance from people who know what they are talking about.

Have any of you seen the types of programmes that go out on a weekday morning on Channel 4 before you dismiss it out of hand? Does this mean no films intelligently and lightly touching on the issues of the adult industry can ever be made???

Please don't insinuate that I am unethical in any way. I am not. My motives and intentions are beyond reproach, it's sad that both your and my industries have made it impossible to get passed a knee jerk reaction. It's what makes it impossible to make decent thought provoking fillms.

I appreciate that that's how you feel and that in being a journalist I'm considered automatically to be scum.

With best wishes,

Charlotte
bigboy

Re: Apologies

Post by bigboy »

charlotte, fair play to you, for posting this, unfortunately your proffession is tainted by scum, as are 99.9% of lawyers who believe they are doing a good job, and just run up bills between them complicating matters!! But I certainly have a gut feeling that you are one of the good "guys"
Bruce Barnard

Post by Bruce Barnard »

I fully understand the cynicism from industry folk, when they are faced by fresh-faced media types looking to vilify them in front of an audience of post-pub wankers. That said, I will jump to the defence of some journalists who have tried to give a balanced view of the sex industry.

I was lucky enough to get some great contacts via this forum, people seemed keen for the exposure, they all got to look over the finished copy before it went to print and no one was made to look like either a leering sex case or a pernicious puppet master exploiting ?damaged women?.

Charlotte doesn?t strike me as being from the ?Trisha? end of the media dog and pony show so perhaps folk should cut her some slack.

strictlybroadband

Post by strictlybroadband »

'But I certainly have a gut feeling that you are one of the good "guys"'

I agree bigboy. And don't forget there are some interesting characters in all industries, even our own!

[url=http://www.strictlybroadband.com/]Strictly Broadband[/url]: new movies published daily, 365 days a year!
James not Bond

Post by James not Bond »

'Does this mean no films intelligently and lightly touching on the issues of the adult industry can ever be made???'

Not by the mainstream British media, of which you wish to be part of.

<http://www.ukgirlsvod.com/index.php?vod=220050&>
marcusallen

Post by marcusallen »

\hey Bruce,
Don't forget my copy (wrapped in a bottle of JW)!
davewells

Post by davewells »

'Does this mean no films intelligently and lightly touching on the issues of the adult industry can ever be made???'

Yes sure, if you used people like myself already in the biz to make them for you. The strange aversion to pursue this direction is staggering in it's ignorance. Use people who know not film school wannabees.
jimslip

Post by jimslip »

Yes you may be right, Charlotte may be hatching a sneaky, toffish, cunning plan to get around our defences! She is probably tweaking her moustache and chortling even as I write!
There's is no depth that Telly Toffs will not sink to, in order to lure us into their mire of filth and sleaze!
So everybody, raise your crucifixes and don your garlic necklaces and chant, "Be off with you Telly Toffs and be cast back to the depths of Hell from whence you came!"
That should sort her out once and for all!

<http://www.jimslip.com>
Winner "Best Loved Character"TVX SHAFTAS 2010
Winner of "Best On-Line scene & Best Gonzo Production" at UKAP Awards 2006
Winner of Best TVX series 2011, "Laras Anal Adventures"
marcusallen

Post by marcusallen »

I would have left this alone -and probably should now, considering that the Rt.Hon J.Walker and myself are in heavy communion..............

However, in defence of Charlotte, she recognises that SEX SELLS, so you cannot blame her for trying.

This applies to all the wannabies in the media industry, which includes the tabloids who sell millions on the basis of sex; beit pix, rape stories, "celebrities" who fuck each other (consensual or not) etc, ad nauseuam.

The whole lot totally disgust me, but then:SEX SELLS
All the sad fuckers who avidly devour the NOW,SUN, etc. put the bread on their tables - in abundance.

Tell me you don't read these filth/sensation purveveurs and I'll call you a LIAR.
Tell me you don't want to be a "celebrity" & I'll call you a liar.

Etc, ad infinitum.