Uk customs seizure

This forum is intended for the discussion and sharing of information on the topic of British born and British-based female performers in hard-core adult films and related matters.
zigsuk

Uk customs seizure

Post by zigsuk »

Just found out I've had the MFX videos I orderd seized and confiscated by the brilliant UK customs.
Apparently they are considered indecent and obscene.

They feature neither children nor animals and were to be viewed in private at home by adults. It seems they are available to be seen in most sensible countries in the world, but not it seems here in this twatty, alleged democratic nanny state.

The UK indecency and obscenity laws are still bloody pathetic compared to most of Europe.

I have received every MFX and Hightide order I've made (eventually) in the past.
Was I just unlucky this time, and will I just have to put it down to experience and lose my money?

It certainly puts me off ordering anything that has to be imported in the future

Anyone else suffered at the hands of the ever vigilant UK customs and our crap UK laws?
jj

Re: Uk customs seizure

Post by jj »

Recently had two packets opened, inspected and re-sealed (both from the Netherlands, as usual). No problem: the discs featured fisting, too, but they still weren't bothered.
Luck of the draw, I guess, but they do seem down on piss-vids for some reason. It's hardly a threat to Western civilisation, is it?
"a harmless drudge, that busies himself in tracing the original, and detailing the
signification...."
JP

Post by JP »

They really do seem to be taking the piss those customs bods
zigsuk

Post by zigsuk »

Could it be because three were les scat videos and one was les watersports?
However, I've already received such material in the past.
Don't they bother with straight sex or straight les material these days?
jj

Post by jj »

No, and they aren't that concerned about piss: it was the scat that probably got them all hot and bothered.
This is still 'illegal/obscene', to the best of my knowledge- not to own of course, just to solicit. They always confiscate in such cases, I believe.
"a harmless drudge, that busies himself in tracing the original, and detailing the
signification...."
colin

Post by colin »

in the last week i have received packages from both netherlands and usa without any problem. you seem to have been unlucky, because how could they tell what the content was without opening? i believe they open packages at random.
the secret to laying the foundation of democracy is knowing where to place the machine gun!(Foggy Dewhurst)
jobbydealer

Post by jobbydealer »

Although I am unsure as to what content a MFX video contains the C & E are within their rights to sieze any material that they consider to be obscene or indecent. However, the C & E must take into account the OPA as the Customs Consolidation Act is no longer viable due to 'Conegate'.

If I understand your problem correctly you will have been issued with a Sec 3 destruction order which you may defend without loss of liberty or financial penalty.

You also have the right to demand that the C & E contest the material as obscene under Sec 2 of the OPA, which they will not do if the material contained within the packet is available in the UK.

If this does not help please give me more details and I'll see if I can help.
jj

Post by jj »

......and to answer Colin's point, C&E don't work that randomly.
Certain originating countries will attract more attention: US-despatched stuff will usually be assumed to be similar to our R18 in content (although there are US dealers for scat and fisting), whereas Dutch or German stuff is more likely to be examined, as almost anything goes there. French stuff? I've had loads recently, with nary a tickle even though fist and scat is fairly widely available.
And when contesting a C&E decision, remember the high cost of any action: you don't get Legal Aid, and they will try and drag it out !
signification...."
clueless_joe

Post by clueless_joe »

prehaps he cold just poe is his own hand and film it?????????

then he wold have his own SCATVIDOE and nooone wil be abel to steal it (eg CUSTOMEXERCISE!!!!!!)