Equipment for POV style work advice needed.

The 'Promotions' forum is for the posting of promotional material relating to the British adult entertainment industry, as well as the seeking and commissioning of work by models and producers working in the British adult entertainment industry.
erotical

Re: Equipment for POV style work advice needed.

Post by erotical »

@t v m - written some custom image/video processing stuff - unfortunately impossible for anyone for me to use at the moment need to find some spare time to tidy it up - meanwhile happy to hear from anyone thinks might be useful ...
tiger v monkey

Post by tiger v monkey »

I didn't even know that could be done! So you can write something [a script?] to remove the wideness/bowing? Is that for the camera itself or an editing program? I'd encourage you to keep doing it. I wish I had the skill. People could find it useful [if I've understood what you're doing correctly!]. I know I would. I'm thinking of coming back to the Go Pro.
essexvideophoto

Post by essexvideophoto »

The GoPro was a bit shit to begin with while GoPro sorted out the firmware updates, but since the last one the camera has become fucking rad, to use a surfer-ism. Mine no longer freezes and goes mad after a few minutes of use. It is now totally stable dude.

There are narrow FOV modes on there which reduce the bowing effect of the tiny lens, but to be honest I prefer to live with the bow as this look is actually becoming rather trendy i.e., acceptable, as in "oh yes that was done with a GoPro".

One trick is to exceed the 1080p mode and shoot in 2.7k mode. When you edit the clip you set up your edit software as normal for 1080p and import the 2.7k clip. It's too big as it exceeds 1080p so you zoom it down to, say, 75% to fit into the 1080p window, this ups the picture quality of the exported 1080p footage.

ProTune mode is not especially helpful when shooting in low light so GoPro recommend turning it off.

I did a bit of POV with it at the weekend and it looks really impressive. The bow of the lens makes a lady's arse that bit more booty-like. Thank you GoPro, I'm sure this is what the camera is really for.
andy at handiwork

Post by andy at handiwork »

essexvideophoto wrote:

'One trick is to exceed the 1080p mode and shoot in 2.7k mode. When you edit the clip you set up your edit software as normal for 1080p and import the 2.7k clip. It's too big as it exceeds 1080p so you zoom it down to, say, 75% to fit into the 1080p window, this ups the picture quality of the exported 1080p footage.'

Doing that of course allows you to create slight zooms and pans in the edit that you didn't think of when shooting, which can be very effective in the finished film.
erotical

Post by erotical »

The 2.7K 30fps mode is a favourite of mine, as mentioned enables some post cropping options and/or supersampling to 1080p of low HD 720p. Because its a full wide angle/strong fisheye mode, I often use undistortion to reduce bowing. Another useful mode is 1080p Medium (less distorted) I tend to use 60fps then downsample.