I dont Get The Reason For This Email

The 'Promotions' forum is for the posting of promotional material relating to the British adult entertainment industry, as well as the seeking and commissioning of work by models and producers working in the British adult entertainment industry.
PaulRaymond

Re: I dont Get The Reason For This Email

Post by PaulRaymond »

For any of those performers who are really worried about their own status at the moment, or just want a bit more piece of mind about your status, then the HIV PCR + P24 culture test will give you the best possible answer to your status.

The PCR test is for the antigen, and not just the HIV antibody like the free HIV test. This means that the window period is only ten days, and the answer is also definitive meaning that you won't get a false positive (as you could get in the free, HIV antibody test).

Our industry is a fun one, but one that does carry some inherent risks and therefore everyone needs to show the utmost responsibility in this matter. That means also using protection with your sexual partners off of camera, until the whole situation becomes a little clearer and we can find out the best possible course of action, and we as an industry can give help and support to those who need it (in the case of both a positive or negative result.)

http://www.paulraymond.com/
Paysite, Affiliate Program, Digital Mags, Dating

Paul Raymond - The Home of Adult Entertainment
Over 40 years of Quality
ChristianXXX

Post by ChristianXXX »

I love that the number zero has no meaning for you. I just showed you the US CDC statistics on HIV transmission and the 9 ways to acquire it. None of those 9 ways is female-female penetrative sex. 0. 0.0. that means if you did 10,000 scenes with a girl who has HIV positive, you would contract it exactly zero times. How do you read the table and NOT understand that?

I am giving you facts which should make you feel better. Instead you are getting MORE worked up. You are fine. Jesus.
www.pure-ts.com
paradise_summers

Post by paradise_summers »

I was annoyed at being told to pipe down just because I only do girl/girl now doesnt mean I dont have a right to have an opinion on the matter
You are not qualified to tell anyone that there is zero chance of catching hiv during a hardcore girl/girl shoot. So I called my clinic to speak to someone who is qualified to give me the facts.
The health advisor at Birmingham GUM clinic said that you can catch hiv from girl/girl oral sex, the risk is small but its still there and people have caugh hiv from girl/girl oral sex.
She said that girl/girl oral is not in the tablet as there has not been enough studies done on the subject but there is definately not zero chance just because its not on the figures that you posted.
I am not trying to worry or scare people I'm just trying to make sure people have the facts so they can make an informed decision in this situation.
Paradise

Toliverwist

Post by Toliverwist »

The reason for the email seems to be to advise models/performers to take precautions during high level sessions, or not do higher levels until the situation has been resolved. It seems the right decision to have sent it.

As regards naming the person;
#1 It's only a preliminary result, and if it turns out false, the innocent individual, if named, would have been done irreparable career and societal damage;
#2 In any case, the DPA could apply if the person informed Paul in confidence.

It seems the right decision not to name the individual at this stage.

If the positive result turns out to be correct, who passed it on to the adult performer?

I have asked for this profile to be deleted.
ChristianXXX

Post by ChristianXXX »

here are the CDC statistics that you were asking your doctor for

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/women/res ... ts/wsw.htm

STATISTICS

The following information comes from CDC unpublished data.

Through December 2004, a total of 246,461 women were reported as HIV infected. Of these, 7,381 were reported to have had sex with women; however, most had other risk factors (such as injection drug use, sex with men who are infected or who have risk factors for infection, or, more rarely, receipt of blood or blood products).

Of the 534 (of 7,381) women who were reported to have had sex only with women, 91% also had another risk factor?typically, injection drug use.

HIV-infected women whose only initially reported risk factor is sex with women are given high priority for follow-up investigation. As of December 2004, none of these investigations had confirmed female-to-female HIV transmission, either because other risk factors were later identified or because some women declined to be interviewed.

A study of more than 1 million female blood donors found no HIV-infected women whose only risk factor was sex with women. Despite the absence of confirmed cases of female-to-female transmission of HIV, the findings do not negate the possibility. Information on whether a woman had sex with women is missing in more than 60% of the 246,461 case reports―possibly because the physician did not ask or the woman did not volunteer the information.
www.pure-ts.com
ptolomy

Post by ptolomy »

Paradise you are absolutley right, there are recorded cases of HiV passed via oral sex between females, and your medical contact is being straight with you.
Sex is an inherently risky business which becomes more dangerous when protection is not used. This is not me being a doomsayer, just pointing out facts.The risks of Hep B and Hep C are increasing rapidly and this is easier to catch then aids and can be passed in the same ways( There are massive Hep B and Hep C issues in Eastern Europe).
The main issue is take care be sensible and more importantly be safe.
Nob3y

Post by Nob3y »

You would hope it was the clinic that person goes to who told he or she.
Its all guess work at the moment.

Which goes back to the original reason for this post in the first place.

Its like when we was at school,sombody says "i know a secret but i can't tell you"
Well its human nature to know what the secret is.
If you dont want anybody to know or ask lots of questions and also start off a panic then dont tell anybody or give out any info no matter how slight in the first place.

Anybody got anymore petrol to put on the flames ??

Born to Lose..... Live to Win
Hugh6821

Post by Hugh6821 »

Paradise, certs are needed because of other STDs that a woman can get while doing hard g/g. The chance of a woman getting HIV from another woman is as already pointed out almost non existent (as long as there's no cuts, soars, etc).
paradise_summers

Post by paradise_summers »

The risk of catching HIV from girl/girl sex is small but the risk is still there that is why HIV test results are required on certs. As a small risk is still a risk.
Paradise