No-show rate

The 'Promotions' forum is for the posting of promotional material relating to the British adult entertainment industry, as well as the seeking and commissioning of work by models and producers working in the British adult entertainment industry.
jamieedin

No-show rate

Post by jamieedin »

What are people's experience with people not showing up, be it model or photographer?
Paul Smith

Re: No-show rate

Post by Paul Smith »

...What are people's experience with people not showing up, be it model or photographer?

Or extras ;) :(

http://www.erotictradeonly.com - Erotic Trade Only is the monthly business publication covering adult entertainment in the UK, and beyond. Since its launch in '03 it's become the mag of choice for adult retailers, e-tailers, manufacturers and directors.
laralatex

Post by laralatex »

No shows are part of the business. If it was easy, everyone would be doing it. Shit happens, you have to deal with it and move on. There are ways to minimize the possibility of a no show but if you are shooting regularly and have got a great name for yourself, the girls will come to you.

'Fun for all and all for fun'!

www.twitter.com/laralatex
www.facebook.com/Laral Atex
isabel ice

Post by isabel ice »

When we work in America, we are only allowed to work exclusively for one agency, so the agents do make an effort if a company makes a no-show on a performer. It's called a 'Kill Fee', where you recieve part of the earnings you would have made that day. It only happens if the company backs out on the day of production, though, not if they cancel the day before.
Emily Cartwright

Post by Emily Cartwright »

Carder wrote:

> Lara's right, it's all part of the business...but of course I
> wish it wasn't.
>
> I swear, as a producer, no-shows age me by about 5 years every
> time they happen. You've got a set full of people milling
> about, and you're clutching your mobile, praying to God that
> ONE model hasn't gone out the night before and got leathered.
>
> I'd love to name name's but of course I can't but the worse one
> I've had was when we were shooting Dr Screw.
> Location, costumes, props, makeup artist all paid for, and
> after calling the model for two hours, she finally answers and
> mutters down the phone something about not being well.
> "Umm...what part of the fucking day were you going to let me
> know 'honey'?"
>
> Anyway, shoot called off.....lost a pile of cash....walk away.
>
> We give her ANOTHER chance at the scene the following day, and
> after a promise that she'd be there....we start again.
>
> ...A DOUBLE no-show!.........
>
> Sometimes being a producer.....and I say 'sometimes'...it's
> rather like being a butler. You have to bite your lip, bow
> into the needs of some prima donna....and of course be the last
> one to leave with a shit salary.
>
> Anyways.....don't let no-shows put you off, as you get used to
> dealing with them, but you just have to remember to warn other
> producers and never use those girls again. !happy!
>
>

I have to say, I really admire your attitude.

A lot of producers would by now have become very jaded about the whole thing and started giving models a lot of crap. I think it's great that you manage to remain philosophical about it. I know I get cranky as hell when I get let down.

Lancashire based professional adult model. Hard solo and g/g, up to heavy fetish and BDSM - can travel, can accommodate, reliable, hard-working, flexible and versatile, with competitive rates! What more could you wish for?
Ron T. Storm

Post by Ron T. Storm »

Only ever had one no show. I found out that the model does no shows all the time hence why she hasn't done videos or have anything listed in her listing on BGAFD due to the fact the professionals know to avoid her.

I feel sorry for the newbs as they don't know and had one recently who booked the same model who let me down. Well he booked her three times and she let him down.

You know who you are out there. Stop being a bastard and start showing up for shoots without bullshit virus excuses,

SC69