Voluptuous Brunettes

This forum is intended for the discussion and sharing of information on the topic of Continental European female performers in hard-core adult films and related matters.
jj

Re: Voluptuous Brunettes

Post by jj »

... we all obviously have bright futures- working for the UN :- ))

"a harmless drudge, that busies himself in tracing the original, and detailing the
signification...."
species8472jj

Re: Voluptuous Brunettes

Post by species8472jj »

LOL :)
Deuce Bigolo

Re: streaming video Ids

Post by Deuce Bigolo »

All too true which is why sites with ID sections have almost universally put rules in place such as contribute before you request to stop the casual user who posts on multiple forums and never returns even when they know who it is.

Banning linking to streaming video sites would nip it all in the bud I suspect

Given the streaming sites are well known hot beds for all manner of infections judging by how the majority are banned sites if you run a hostsfile list,probably not a bad outcome.

Having to download a video and take caps,upload to an imagehost
not so appealing as posting a link

I do wonder why so many what different names every other day when spending a few weeks trawling through the databases / a to z directories collecting the head/body shots and collating them into categories for future reference would more than likely turn up more names far quicker in the long run.

I had requests on VEF / freeones that were years old before I started doing my own research which is what those who know have to do anyway.
Len801

Post by Len801 »

Well put Deuce, and it was not to be overly critical of Species but rather of these streaming sites, which are extremely annoying in many ways.
First is the heavy bombardment of all kinds of spammy windows that pop up at you as you attempt to open/view the clip. Then comes the heavy buffering, the frame freezing, the poor audio and video quality.
Then there is the silly names/titles the posters gave the clips they upload (this is done to usually get around the copyright infringment problem, since the clip has not been clearly identified and no liability can be clearly attributed to the site, who will cllaim they had no clue as to the origins of the clip). If there is a comment section in the clip page, all you see are messages from people asking the same question over and over: "who is she?". It is so annoying!
Having said this, I have to admit that watching a moving picture is not quite the same as looking at a still photograph. Hearing people talk, watching for tattoos, seeing other performers in the clip (settings, location, etc), or male's face, goes a long way in identifying the actress/movie title.
Then there are people who may not be necessarily lazy, but may not be sufficiently computer savvy to make caps from a streaming video (it took me sometime to achieve that myself).
However in many forums, as in EGAFD, it is relatively easy to see if a poster is relatively new, whether he has contributed info in the recent past, and whether he has been bombarding the forum with all kinds of requests (some of which may be little justified).
Someone (relatively new to a forum) posting a single foto or streaming link and sinply asking "who is she?" does not bode well for me.
jj

Post by jj »

I did once ask for caps [admittedly, more as a deterrent than anything else] and
the poster [predictably enough] responded with astonishment at my temerity in
asking him to expend the slightest effort on his part.
I agree that it's better to have a vid than stills- but I have a rule of thumb:
if the clip doesn't load inside a minute and/or keeps buffering; or there are
more than two pop-ups, I junk it and move on to something more interesting.

I agree there ought to be some form of 'privilege' system- but it would entail
more work on the part of the mods, and TBH the benefits to egafd [as opposed
to we poor forumites] would be marginal. And, as you say, it would unfairly
penalise newbies [and the wilfully ignorant] : -)

"a harmless drudge, that busies himself in tracing the original, and detailing the
signification...."
Deuce Bigolo

Post by Deuce Bigolo »

Which leads nicely back to give them enough rope to hang themselves

Its amazing how effective never replying can be to changing unwanted behaviour

The trouble with the current deluge is it gives the impression anything goes