Lexi lowe bg scene discussion new thread

This forum is intended for the discussion and sharing of information on the topic of British born and British-based female performers in hard-core adult films and related matters.
one eyed jack

Re: Lexi lowe bg scene discussion new thread

Post by one eyed jack »

It does highlight a problem that is seldom discussed how the public regard you as a commodity to praise, cajole, adore, rebuke through any social network.

The thing about using twitter is that girls can focus their attentions on their fans who follow them but forums are not any better. I've had some experience in this area over the years.

I caught wind that Samantha Bentley got embroiled in a nasty spat on a forum but have no idea what that was about. Again this was on twitter

I reckon people are just too comfortable sharing their views on social networks which is why people shouldnt take them so personal

Easier said than done.

www.realcouples.com
www.onemanbanned.com
www.linkmojo.me/realcouples
www.twitter.com/realcouples
www.facebook.com/realcouples
Leaky

Post by Leaky »

Just thought i would bring people an update lexi has not quit she has just closed her twitter and facebook account. I was on woodmancastingx forum and pierre had contacted her himself regarding that she might have quit. Twitter and facebook cause more shit than anything one of the reasons why im not on there and never will be. Everyone deserves some privacy.
Dickie Davies

Post by Dickie Davies »

Thanks Leaky. That's good news.

Look forward to lots more from Lexi, hopefully.
raul069

Post by raul069 »

just seen this on woodmanforum taken from a post by lexi on ADT explain the situation:

"I saw this on Adultdvdtalk forum was a reply by Lexi. I think this answers why Lexi decided to leave twitter and facebook and social media, the fact that someone stalked her on a train or followed her on a beach does sound complete madness.

It's easy to sit back and say us girls need to get a thicker skin and take the good with the bad etc but it's easier said than done. I get that a lot of girls enter this industry because they want to become "famous" in their field and obviously being in the public eye attracts comments on all aspects of your life - good and bad. The problem here is that I never wanted that, i'm not a fame chaser, if I was I would have appeared on several reality TV shows by now (I have been asked to) or sold seedy embellished kiss and tells. I'm actually a VERY private person and like i've said in several interviews I keep my work and private life very seperate. The problem with social media is it eats into your private life. Tweets, facebook messages and emails come through 24 hours a day and eat into my private time. People get angry and send rude messages if they feel like you haven't replied to them quick enough and accuse you of being stuck up and not caring about your fans.

Or I post a picture and someone calls me a fat slag, a prostitute, a fucking whore or tells me to suck their dick with attached picture of said dick. A flippant comment or "hilarious" joke maybe but times these comments by 10-20 every single day and eventually the negativity builds up. I'm not the type of person who needs people constantly kissing my ass or stroking my ego, but on the flip side I also don't need daily negativity and abuse from randomers. In the words of the ever philiosophical Samantha Bentley "Hey hey keyboard warrior, would you say that to my face?" - the answer is probably not, anonymous keyboard warriors are the bane of my life.

Social media has created a monster. Where-as before models could be these untouchable unicorn like creatures social media has created a platform where we are as accessible as your next door neighbour. In a lot of instances this can be a blessing - fan interaction is hugely important in a declining market but it also makes you an easy target for misogynists, jealous bitches, people venting on a bad day and just general childish twats.

This is without mentioning the safety hazards of social media, I have been followed onto a train by a fan when I made it a little too obvious which train station I was delayed at and just a few weeks ago I tweeted a picture of me at a local beach. I thought the scenery was non descript enough that nobody would recognise which beach I was at but later that night I was tweeted about 10 pictures of me shot on an Iphone by somebody that had followed me around for what appeared to be the best part of 2 hours.

I just want to enjoy doing my scenes and keep a nice balance between work and my private life, it's not front page news, i'm just that rare breed of performer who doesn't like the limelight 24 hours a day - there are a few of us around :)

Lexi x"
Blue H

Post by Blue H »

Lexi - good luck to you. When you stop making films, you'll still be a very pretty woman that any kid would love to inherit their genes from. You're eloquent, and write well, and hopefully you have many happy years to come in front of you. Good luck.
Dickie Davies

Post by Dickie Davies »

Hear, hear.
Allelsefails

Post by Allelsefails »

Think Lexi has now shot close to 30 b/g scenes. A year ago who would have thought? She has to be one of the UKs biggest stars right now. Maybe the next step is the states for her, although her scenes for 21st century and DDF in Europe are fantastic. She really clicks with the European studs.
denneboom

Post by denneboom »

Agree with this. The scenes on Reality Kings and DDF Network are excellent, would love to see her go to the US like Paige Turnah did and appear on Naughty America, Bangbros & Twistys. Those guys know how to shoot good videos.
Lexi_Lowe

Post by Lexi_Lowe »

Sooooo many new things for you :D

A threesome scene on TVX for Angel Long's animal instincts, a scene with Jasmine Jae and Pascal White where we get fucked in front of a club full of people watching.

a pretty brutal wunf scene with Pierre Woodman and Reda was released recently :)

I have a warrior princess themed scene coming out on Brazzers some time next week.

A new Digital Playground feature film being released this month, definitely the biggest production by far i've been involved in. the trailer is pretty epic http://www.digitalplayground.com/home2/

And my first interracial scene is being released soon for Harmony films

busy busy

xxxx

Visit my website: [URL]http://lexilowe.com/[/URL]
My Twitter: @Lexi_Lowe
Allelsefails

Post by Allelsefails »

Good on you Lexi. You are definately the measuring stick for British stars. Keeping continuing the European stuff with 21st century and DDF production. They capture you so well. Maybe treat us to a creampie scene with one if those studios.