Why do the girls have so many pseudonyms?

This forum is intended for the discussion and sharing of information on the topic of British born and British-based female performers in hard-core adult films and related matters.
RichDinner

Why do the girls have so many pseudonyms?

Post by RichDinner »

I'm just curious why the girls have so many pseudonyms? It just seems surely detrimental to a career to be called so many things on so many sites - wouldn't it make more sense to be more trackable to their fans to increase their popularity on different websites and accordingly an increasing income? Frankie Babe for example, whom I first came across as 'Clare Olsen', has a ridiculous number of a names. And my own particular favorite, Clair Lou... also known as Claire Louise Ellis, Claire Louise, Claire, Clare and Tam Tam South has been a nightmare to hunt down across the net. So reason, anyone in the know?
Things I love and hate couldn't be more different. I love my daughter, I love my Mustang, my girlfriend. I love the way Eno can paint a picture with music, descending arpeggios fairly reminiscent of falling autumn leaves... but I fucking hate my ex-wife.
Simon

Re: Why do the girls have so many pseudonyms?

Post by Simon »

sometimes its down to the girl changing her name and sometimes the website makes up their own. I try to use the one they've used most or that they're best known by.

[url=https://www.ukadultpass.com/tour/]UK Adult Pass[/url]
Access 6 great British sites with 1 pass including Suburban Amateurs, Just Danica, Tina Kay Hardcore, UK Pussy Talk and more..
sparky

Post by sparky »

I can not give any reasons but I fully agree it is confusing for everyone.
Fiona Cooper very rarely uses the girls normal modelling name either.

Just two examples highlighted recently
Shanti Lovelle / (Chelsey-)Louise / Dopey Darling

Allison / Emma / Natalie

and I don't recall her being discussed here as AFAIK she only works to UK mag but
Lucy(y) Jane / DareMeDD / TinyTemptress / Skarlet

RichDinner

Post by RichDinner »

In regards to the websites who sometimes change their names, again this just seems like bad business surely? Whilst I can understand a certain degree of competitiveness between sites, surely there's also the side of the argument that if a site can pull in the services of a model who is already successful with a following elsewhere, then they should capitalise on her established market, right, not cover it up and leave it down to the fans to have to struggle to find (or by pure chance come across) her other material on different websites? I can't see how that wouldn't bring in more subscriptions, everybody wins.

And there's never a central hub of information on this (excluding this site's pseudonym list, but even then, it only covers DVD titles, not websites). My beloved Clair-Lou's site's long gone, but even if it was around (take Frankie Babe's site for example), there's never a cataloguing of information regarding their other exploits - "this week you can also find her pissing on Wendy over a Glimpse-It (as Claire), having a slash outside Carpet World on Needapee (as Nikki), spanking her mate's bum raw over at Nylon Stocking Sluts (as Frankie) and spreading her flaps dressed as a pantomime horse on Flaptrap (as Barry)". It's down to a few resourceful independent blogs if ever this happens (but they're usually fetish-specific), or more often than not, forums where the fans have to discuss their findings like stiffy-wielding archeologists.

One would assume, again, they'd promote their other work, instead most of them (especially those who delve into more elaborate fetish shoots) have nothing but a glamour-modelling main site with a lot of mainstream content and their more filthy fans from their other work (I hold up my hands) have to go searching elsewhere. I joined RedXXX's site once, because I'd been curious to see what a cornucopia of naughtiness it would be based on a number of other site's she's worked on, instead it was dull as a Test Card with a few horrid videos of her wanking off an extremely hairy knob.

I can't imagine this level of identity-changing in any other form of entertainment industry, it would just be detrimental to success.

Things I love and hate couldn't be more different. I love my daughter, I love my Mustang, my girlfriend. I love the way Eno can paint a picture with music, descending arpeggios fairly reminiscent of falling autumn leaves... but I fucking hate my ex-wife.
one eyed jack

Post by one eyed jack »

You have answered your own question

Theres a few on my site that have had multiple names over the years and its for a good reason

They dont want to be found and if they are its not to show a huge history of work

Some even have different names for the particular work they do. its being savvy in an environment where information is so easily accessible by google.

Had a lot of models known back in the day that their work would come back to haunt them big time they wouldve done the same along time ago.

I admit I did not have the hindsight to warn or advise them but then its not my job to be their dads

The cynical thing about it is a lot of models really don't give a hoot about the fans. They care about being paid. Some will disown the work even after theyve been paid which does not win them brownie points of sympathy in my book when they were happy to do it at the time and take my money

www.realcouples.com
www.onemanbanned.com
www.linkmojo.me/realcouples
www.twitter.com/realcouples
www.facebook.com/realcouples
RichDinner

Post by RichDinner »

Thank you for the insight!

I was going to say that funnily enough, as to whether it was because some of them don't wish to be associated with some of the material they do... and again I'll use Clair Lou as an example - does she now not want the world to remember that she's the filthy little minx who soaked dozens of Dorothy Perkins changing rooms and Travelodge beds a few years ago? But then that raises the question of how and why she in particular happily did the Tam Tam South material; it was sold on her own clips4sale site, shot solely by herself and her personal camera, watermarked it with her email address, seemed like she really got off on it and was pocketing the money directly much of the time, now it's basically untraceable on the net other than a couple of forums that managed to salvage what they could when they did.

But indeed I countered myself with that theory, since I naturally assumed that in this day and age of the internet (as you said) that it's relatively easy to still find them on other sites (I'm hardly a private eye myself yet obviously have found so much other work my favourites have done elsewhere), that if they film it, it's out there. Don't do it if you don't want the stigma of less mainstream material being on your 'CV' so to speak. So I figured "nah, that can't be it, cos it's still easy enough to find them".

And indeed some of them will be called different things on sites that are no real different to their own material they self-advertise under their main name, which again made me question the need to hide it? There's no stigma attached or reason that I can see if they'll do one thing on one site, the *same* on another, but have two different names attached.

So does that mean they hate people like me (and indeed to a greater extent, this website) who come along and go "hey look, I found Jenny Baker on a website about sticking pedigree chum up her arse, but she's calling herself Lady Bovril on there, tell the world!" haha?

JamesW

Post by JamesW »

RichDinner wrote:

> So does that mean they hate people like me

I have known some girls to be rather annoyed at having an alias discovered, as they were intent on having one name for one thing and a different name for something else and strongly preferred not to be rumbled.

I have often pointed out that in this internet age they are almost bound to have aliases discovered if someone's looking hard enough.

UK Babe Channels - <http://www.babechannels.co.uk>
RichDinner

Post by RichDinner »

Well as the old saying goes, if you can't stand the heat... don't get your gash out on the internet.

one eyed jack

Post by one eyed jack »

There are models who will look in on this site and dare not make themselves known. They want the thrill, the money or both but want to retain the hope of a normal life with their friends and famillies

Its their choice and we should respect that. just because we see them do sexual things we shouldnt think we can claim any right to them.

I say we should be grateful they ever did it at all. Lets face it, if people are seeing it its for the purpose of bashing one out and surely thats where it should end.

In a Kleenex at the bottom of the bin.

www.realcouples.com
www.onemanbanned.com
www.linkmojo.me/realcouples
www.twitter.com/realcouples
www.facebook.com/realcouples
RichDinner

Post by RichDinner »

I understand and respect that, I was mostly just curious regarding those who have a more widely known face, on a lot of more widely known sites, especially doing similar material on different sites and then still keeping that quiet. Frankie Babe for instance is not going to hide any information about the fact that she does 'glamour modelling', certainly her friends and family must be quite aware of it at this point, and her own website covers elements of *everything* she's ever done. Maybe she doesn't use pseudonyms anymore and that was more an early days thing, but if it's all under the 'frankie babe' moniker now, might as well get that advertised on sites who used to employ her under aliases, ups their viewers and their own viewers can go seek her out knowing now who she is right? She was certainly still using 'Clare' up until a couple of years ago on Sneakypee (who funnily enough do exactly what I'm talking about and actually now advertise that their 'Tiffany' is in fact Rebeckah Dee).

And in regards my beautiful Clair-Lou, well, her financial decisions in life and subsequent criminal charges have been exposed by the newspapers and undoubtedly did more damage to her career (if she ever comes back now) than any rumbling of a few aliases by prats like me looking for another website to splash out on could surely do. Not to mention the cleaners of Asda changing rooms and all the maids at Premier Inn could also track her down too now haha.

As I said, totally understand it on the very small scale side of things, just when they're a bigger name later in the game, it's then I find it a curious choice.