Hayley-Marie Coppin

This forum is intended for the discussion and sharing of information on the topic of British born and British-based female performers in hard-core adult films and related matters.
RichfetisH

Re: Hayley-Marie Coppin

Post by RichfetisH »

I think hayley is one of THE most beautiful women around and staying mostly softcore is one of the reasons for her continued success. Site restrictions are really up to individual sites and how they decide to operate. In a world of 100mb broadband speeds, users can rip a site in hours. Thats not the problem, the problem is them finding a thread on some of the well known sharing forums where all a sites content has been posted and is generating the file host and sharer revenue sales via premium download signups... most legitimate users of a site don't really hit restriction limits imo

www.richfetish.com
Matt2003

Post by Matt2003 »

Good post RichfetisH and one that simply re-iterates that there are many people out there that are happy to rip off the content of a site where a huge investment has been made by the owners of that site, to then go and upload it on various file hosts and sharers to profit from the revenues generated as a consequence of premium downloads.

We all know this happens and as you say, genuine members or fans of a particular website are not normally fussed about download restrictions as content can be viewed and downloaded over a period of time. The people who seem to want unrestricted downloads are those that want to get in and out as quickly as possible to offload content (not always for their own personal use of course), and to profit from this elsewhere.

This may be a generalisation but how much time and effort is expended by all paysites in trying to protect their content and revenues in hunting down offenders who extract content to profit for themselves elsewhere.

I have probably opened a can of worms here but ........... we all know this to be a constant battle and war between those creating paysites with content and costs that they have incurred to recoup through membership sign ups and those that simply steal the content without really putting their hand in their pocket to profit from someone elses endeavours and hard graft.

We live in strange times !!!
derrick76

Post by derrick76 »

Genuine members aren't fussed about download restrictions?? Are you sure about that??? In my experience and plenty other people I know, 3 downloads for a day is way too little. When I join a site I download more than 10 videos on any given day to watch that day or another time.

Sometimes when you have other things to do you use the day you have to the fullest. No two people's situations are the same. I am very fussed about download restrictions. Not every theme a model does tickles my fancy. There may be 100 sets out of her 400 that tickle my fancy and if I can get them all in one month then that'd be great as I don't have to be a member for 2 months to get it.

I'm also a fan of many different models, who I wish to check out the next month.

I wouldn't have the energy nor the time to go posting a site's content all over the place. I also don't see the point in doing something like that. Setting download restrictions to prevent 'site rips' could lead to punishing (let's say) 300 members a month because of what about 5 of them may be doing... or looking to do.

Everyone is free to run their site the way they feel, but I'd rather not run into a download restriction. I think I ran into that with Fem Bomb's site 2 years ago. It frustrated the hell out of me. Never went back. lol
RichfetisH

Post by RichfetisH »

The argument on whether or not a site should /shouldn't have restrictions is always one that will raise many different answers. I would guess that 70% of webmasters are against restrictions of any kind and run their sites that way. I would also hazard a guess that 70% of webmasters don't really have the time nor inclination to chase down their content on sharing forums and file hosts. Some even perversly see it as "free advertising"!

We all probably know of the 2 most active and highly successful sharing forums and if you stop by there at all, or carry out any research, you'll realise the depth of the problem. You'll also see that they only allow shares from a certain file host and you'd be correct in guessing that the file host owns the forums and gets all the premium sales. It's good business.

There is the argument that those who are looking for site rips and shared content were never going to sign up to a site anyway so the revenue loss (so to speak) to the webmaster is zero, as is the point of chasing the content down. I disagree with this argument however, as you now find situations where some of those who frequent these places, actually ask a sharer for specific content from specific sites and off the pirate goes...

It's a difficult debate as everyone has a different point of view and I suppose the acid test for any site that has restrictions in place is whether or not, with the restrictions in place, they still generate sufficent revenue to make them financialy viable. Each to their own I guess.

As an additional note re the file sharers, it is seen as a business to most "professional" pirates and if you visit some of their forums (mostly in Russian - Thank God for Google translate!) you can see them debating strategies as to how to generate the best revenue from their threads. It's also rather interesting to see that they often bemoan "Piracy" of "their" files as when they share a raft of files - eg Hard Bondage Sex or whatever, along comes another Pirate, downloads "their" files and reposts them a month or two later, so zero outlay on a site membership and nice affiliate sales from premium upgrades. We found a full site rip of one our sites recently and when we got the site to remove them, the pirate actually asked me if I'd consider going into some sort of partnership with him and allow him to keep the rip up. He was getting around 6 premium sales a day just off that one rip! and he had about 20 site rips live on that site so you can figure out the revenue income!

www.richfetish.com