website updates

This forum is intended for the discussion and sharing of information on the topic of British born and British-based female performers in hard-core adult films and related matters.
intrigued

website updates

Post by intrigued »

Hello,

if I join a website that claims to update 4 times a week and then in the month of August updates with 7 photo sets and 5 videos, should I be dissatisfied or not? It was never specified how the 4 updates were split so there being more photo updates than video is not a surprise, but I've felt a little bit disappointed and I'm not sure if I'm just being a grumbling miser expecting everything or if I should be genuinely upset.

Any thoughts? I'd particularly appreciate anything from webmasters on whether 75% update rate would be considered hitting the target.

Thanks muchly in advance.
Welshmorph

Re: website updates

Post by Welshmorph »

If a site states it updates four times a week then in my opinion it should make sure it does. So technically you should expect to get your 16 updates in that time.

I don't think there can be a complaint on what the updates are unless it was to clearly state two pic sets & two vids a week etc.
My sites update twice a week, but that could be a pic set & a vid, 2 sets or 2 vids. I haven't made a claim what the updates will be so as long as I provide two updates each week I feel I am keeping to my promise to members.

If a site is stuggling for content to make it's updates then it should clearly state so outside of the members area. I know lots don't, but in my opinion that is deceiving people.
When you are running a paysite you are providing a service to people paying you money so you should do everything you can to not let those people down.

Morph.

[url]http://www.customadultvideos.co.uk[/url]
intrigued

Post by intrigued »

Morph,

thanks very much for your response. I'm glad to see I'm not just being curmudgeonly!

To be fair to them, I've had a look over the past few months and July had 15 updates and June had 17 updates so perhaps this is just a blip and a bit of communication would be all that's needed to say they know they're behind. The problem for me is that I feel like I've exhausted the site for content (it's relatively new- only live since May I think) and if there're no updates to keep me interested I'll have to cancel my membership. I might put that forward to the site admin.

Thanks again,

Intrigued
s rougier

Post by s rougier »

It looks like they updated OK in June and July, so you might want to give them the benefit of the doubt for now.
Floydoid

Post by Floydoid »

It could be that some staff were on holiday in august, so not so many updates got posted.

I'd give it time.

Is it any wonder that the monkey's confused?