AdultLive--Sound problem--again.

This forum is intended for the discussion and sharing of information on the topic of British born and British-based female performers in hard-core adult films and related matters.
epsom

AdultLive--Sound problem--again.

Post by epsom »

When are AdultLive going to ditch Silverlight and use another player, such as Adobe Flash?.

Yet again ( it's been months now), there is no sound on the live streaming show.

All other content on the site is fine--it is just the streaming.

I have googled for info, and found that it is a very common problem for Silverlight users when playing live streams.
The audio for all types of sites using Silverlight DOES NOT WORK.

Microsoft does not have a solution.

I know I am not the only one with this problem on this site, and it is not my PC. Everything else works well. I have XP SP2, and all the other requirements needed.

Is a codec needed?. If it is, why is there no info on the Microsoft site?.

I give up--and would welcome a reply from AdultLive as to when they may be looking at an alternative. I understood from a private reply some time ago that they were looking into it.

That was some time ago, and I have heard nothing since.
Kyle Richmond

Re: AdultLive--Sound problem--again.

Post by Kyle Richmond »

I wouldn't mind a subscription to this site but I have been put off joining by various posts on here about the sound. Can always get the sound on the free stuff but I assume that if I joined I could have no sound on the live streaming? Not sure what to do, sure some posters on here say they've never had any problems with the sound.
epsom

Post by epsom »

That's exactly how I feel, Kyle.

I would like to subscribe, but I will not risk it in case there is no sound.

OK, the sound isn't the be all and end all, but it does enhance the experience!.

I would like to know what others (who have no problems) are using.

jinky1315

Post by jinky1315 »

i have the same problem...the advice on the adult live site does not work,,i followed their advice and i still have the same problem...they advise you nto turn off your anti-virus program which in itself is very risky...the fact that they advise you to do that should tell them that they have a problem..i don't have any problem with any other site when i stream videos or any thing else..this question has been raised before but it must be falling on deaf ears..i do not subscribe to the site anymore as i am sure other customers dont either....they must be losing customers because of this issue..

i can but dream...jinky..
epsom

Post by epsom »

Jinky,

I guarantee it is a Silverlight problem---I have to remove Silverlight in order to watch ITV.com....at least they have an alternative.

The only solution is for AdultLive to switch to a more reliable flash player.

Don't hold your breath though.....
bigfella85

Post by bigfella85 »

Couldn't agree more folks - I have subscribed to it, simply as you can get alot of the 'best of' videos from previous shows but its a shame that it doesnt work in the live stream properly
stamford

Post by stamford »

i agree with you all, i would watch it and subscribe all the time if i knew i was going to get sound on the live set, however as this doesn't always happen like you said i think they are loosing customers and if they'd fix it would be making loads of customers.
jinky1315

Post by jinky1315 »

i even uninstalled silverlight and tried to stream but it would'nt let me....it states that you have to have silverlight installed to stream.....i don't think they are listening to the customers...

i can but dream...jinky..
Grendel1

Post by Grendel1 »

As one of the guys who has no problem, I'll pass the general consensus to the studio tonight, get Ionie to read this, I know she doesn't want to lose custom, and it's obvious that you would all be customers if it worked, so it's time IT guys got on the case.

Pie in the sky I know, but maybe they could get one of you to take your computer to the studio, so they can try and diagnose the problem?
epsom

Post by epsom »

I don't want to keep repeating myself, but it is a Silverlight issue.

Get rid of Silverlight and it would be resolved.

As I said earlier, I googled the problem, and found it is a VERY common issue with Silverlight users.
As to those few who have no problem, I can only assume that they have Vista or some other kind of update on their PC.

Even Microsoft themselves (if you go to the site) have not got an answer, so the likelihood of the IT at AdultLive resolving it is zero.

Suggestion?....Adobe Flash.