VHS to DVD

This forum is intended for the discussion and sharing of information on the topic of British born and British-based female performers in hard-core adult films and related matters.
m100

Re: VHS to DVD

Post by m100 »

With a decent vhs machine and a good dvd recorder plus a good scart lead linking the two there should be next to no loss in quality. I transferred hundreds of my own tapes when I first got a dvd recorder and any loss in quality is barely noticeable. The lower the setting on the dvd recorder ie HQ, SP then the less chance of a loss in quality.
Maffster70

Post by Maffster70 »

I have a good set up and can do it for you but I am in London and to be honest if the quality of the VHS is poor then so will the DVD.

To enhance the VHS before transferring it would be a lot of work and money.
Gordon77

Post by Gordon77 »

Hi,

I saw in PC World a unit called Dazzle, Video to DVD recorder, don't know if that would be of any use at ?40 ?? From your VHS recorder link into this unit then into a computer to copy.

Gordon
pj

Dazzle - be warned

Post by pj »

read first,

Pj
mynah

Post by mynah »

With a decent VCR and DVD recorder set to SP (2hour recording on a single layer DVD) the result should be as good as the VHS.
I record to DVD-RW then loading into PC to tidy-up, add chapters, titles etc. then burn to DVD-R.
If the picture jumps, breaks up etc the VHS recording is poor. Carefully adjusting VHS tracking may help if not the machine that you used to make the recording.

I would be surprised if a ?40 converter gives a result as good as VCR/DVD recorder.
I have what is now an old Dazzle device that is a PCI card bought when a decent DVD recorder was ?400+ that has a card in the PC that captures and creates MPEG2 files but prefer DVD recorder now.

Another way if you have DV camcorder with analogue input is to record to DV tape or even direct by firewire into the PC.

mynah

Post by mynah »

If tape is S-VHS it will not play properly in VHS machine.
Yes some newer VCR's play S-VHS but only at VHS quality.
This may be why DVD copy looks so poor.
As to the adapter have you configured as PAL? The software may well default to NTSC.
I assume SVHS-C is PAL not NTSC.
If each SVHS-C tape is 45 minutes maximum it should look just as good on DVD of 90 minutes or less.

I have two SVHS VCR's linked to DVD Recorder.
Drop me an email - address in profile.

LibbyDee

Post by LibbyDee »

Another possibility is that the adapter is set to accept Composite video and the vcr is outputting S-Video, or vice versa.

I sometimes get that when converting tape to dvd. I aways output S-Video from the vcr, but if my monitor (TV) is set to Composite then the picture is shown in black and white.
videokim

Post by videokim »

Hi Dangermouse 1

John will put your 2 VHS tapes onto 2 DVD discs for ?30, he puts peoples Weddings,Parties & old tape footage onto DVD when he gets a spare minute. Please feel free to check us out with anyone on here.

Kim xxx

videokim69@hotmail.com
Kims Amateurs The original & still the best UK amateurs...often imitated never equalled

https://twitter.com/bustykim
https://twitter.com/kimsamateurs
[email]videokim69@hotmail.com[/email]
[email]videokim69@gmail