So what did you think?

This forum is intended for the discussion and sharing of information on the topic of British born and British-based female performers in hard-core adult films and related matters.
Richard

So what did you think?

Post by Richard »

I read with interest the string about how the Adult Channel is doomed, in particular the comments that such content should be free and that we are just after the subscription revenue.

Yesterday we launched PlayboyOne on SKY channel 287. It is in the entertainment section of the EPG and is free to air. There is no charge for watching and we will be funding the channel through advertising.

During the early evening we are running PlayboyStore and CyberGirls, and then at 11pm we start running some of the most popular PlayboyTV shows in an edited format.

The shows are edited to ensure they are OFCOM compliant - but the shows are free for anyone to watch.

As ever, I would greatly value everyones opinions on the channel and on our move to a non-subscription based model.

Richard

Tequila_Woods

Re: So what did you think?

Post by Tequila_Woods »

Get it on cable aswell as Ski lol

<http://refer.adultwork.com/?R=1661927&T=1661927>
Richard

Post by Richard »

I'll take that as a vote of confidence then. And rest assured we're working on getting the new channel on cable as soon as we can.

Richard

Tequila_Woods

Post by Tequila_Woods »

Fantastic. I get the adult channel so sometimes get a bit of a preview for spice extreme and playboy but dont have them on cable so it kinda gets to me sometimes! LOL

<http://refer.adultwork.com/?R=1661927&T=1661927>
Rude Boy

Post by Rude Boy »

Would it be possible for you to drop me a line at rudeboyemail@aol.com please in order for me to mail you directly and in private. Many thanks.
Jacques

Post by Jacques »

What 'exactly' is the difference between subscription based content and non-subscription based content? You are bound by Ofcon whatever you do.

quis custodiet ipsos custodes
davewells

Post by davewells »

Please also email me Richard.
melonf

Post by melonf »

As far as I can see from the Ofcom programme code that after 9pm (or 10pm to allow for an unspecified transition) the free to air Playboy can transmit all of the 18 rated content from the encrypted versions.

The only thing that I can think of that would be outlawed are the 'accidental hardcore snippets'.

At this time any material transmitted in a softer version is for marketting reasons only and nothing to do with Ofcom restrictions.

There is no regulatory reason why all of the current softcore on all of the encrypted UK channels shouldn't be shown free to air.

Perhaps as these tamer than tame pay channels run out of viewers willing to pay subs then a free to air version may retain sufficient viewers to do pretty well for advertising income.

Maybe Playboy have cottoned on to this
Richard

Post by Richard »

We are listening to the comments made by people on these forums, and have already had an internal meeting about last weekends scheduling of the Adult Channel.

Surely you can see that the launch of PlayboyOne, a free service - is exactly what the majority of people on this list have been asking for.

We are listening, and working to provide innovative services that match what you want - who else is offering their content for free now?

Richard