DVD/VHS running times

This forum is intended for the discussion and sharing of information on the topic of British born and British-based female performers in hard-core adult films and related matters.
John Mason

Re: DVD/VHS running times

Post by John Mason »

At present I don't put any 'behind the scenes' footage on my DVDs', I'm just concentraiting on including as much footage in the main part as I can. If however at a later date enough people want 'behind the scenes' stuff then I will make sure it goes on the DVDs'.
Most of my behind the scenes footage at the moment is just going on the johnnyrebel.com website
John Mason

Post by John Mason »

Keep it up Rem.
John Mason

Post by John Mason »

Niche footage will alway be a higher price and therefore a shorter running time in this case is perfectly normal. Keep up the good work Joe!
John Mason

Post by John Mason »

Good point. A good cover can make all the difference.
John Mason

Post by John Mason »

The solo girl title I'm doing, 'British Roses' is going to be a 4 hour double disc, I'll send you one when it's out, so you can let me know what you think.
MisterC

Post by MisterC »

Running time sure does influence me, but I would say it's one of a number of factors and can also be misleading. In my opinion there are two types of purchasing behaviour of adult vids and dvds:

The premeditated purchase aka the 'Must Have', primarily because of the girls (and guys maybe) and reviews. I would say that in these circumstances running time is not important providing it doesn't take the proverbial.

The second is the more casual 'Browse & Buy'. This is where Joe or Josie public wanders around their local sex shop or maybe on an internet site. From my own experience of spending my few hard-earned pennies, the cover shot initially draws my attention and then its the other shots on the back of the sleave and the girls involved. I might pick up 3 or 4 titles and then comes the crunch as I've only got enough cash for one title. Running time and the number of scenes definately are my whittling down factor, but quality minutes is what counts, not fillers and trailers.

Sounds like you've got it right!

C
John Mason

Post by John Mason »

Thanks Mister C, it's good to get constructive feedback.
Ivor Hardon

Post by Ivor Hardon »

The longer the running time the better I would have thought,as long as one has got the stamina!!!!!!!!!!
Ivor Hardon

Post by Ivor Hardon »

Personally I think the average punter soon gets bored,so the ideal thing is to have more girls/scenes with less running time devoted to each but you still want value for money so I would say 2 hours is well worth fucking,sorry forking out for.By the way John Mason where has your web site gone?
jj

Post by jj »

A lot of US titles (usually those that aspire to a plot and 'production values') tend to average 70-80 mins, too. Which is fine, if they're top-notch productions (.....usually they leave a lot to be desired). The norm for US gonzo is nearer 140.
As long as it's not 'filled', 120-140 mins. is, I feel, about right for ?18-25: any less and I certainly feel a little cheated. Also to be deplored are scenes longer than about 25 mins (Anabolic etc. please note)....I don't have ADD, but longer scenes certainly test my boredom threshold, especially if it's the monotonous two-angle footage so beloved of some Brit outfits......
"a harmless drudge, that busies himself in tracing the original, and detailing the
signification...."