UKAP Awards.

This forum is intended for the discussion and sharing of information on the topic of British born and British-based female performers in hard-core adult films and related matters.
Josephine

Re: UKAP Awards.

Post by Josephine »

not all the girlies are going as some havnt been invited !

Lady Josephine,a lady but a slut in the bedroom.

[url=http://www.myspace.com/ladyjosephinejames]why not visit my myspace?[/url]
luberlly

Post by luberlly »

The company I currently work for comes under that catagory and I think it is wrong that they can nominate stuff when they have not released anything yet! and they have contract girls up for awards that the public have not seen perform. what makes it worse is that I have heard that they have given a large donation to the organisers to ensure they win something, in fact only today Pete Mogridge who works for the awards organisers was at the studio today with a heavy that we know was behind last years awards.
jimslip

Post by jimslip »

What I can't understand is why there was a need to pay a ?200 fee. I think the original concept of a producers "Club" would have been perfect as discussed at the Hilton 2 years ago. Simply all of us getting together for a piss up and a curry every so often. No fees, no minutes, no meglomaniacs, no paying ?50 to sit around a table and especially no elitist mandate, ie "You can't join 'cause you can't hold a camcorder without wobbling!"

Who is to say, who is, or who is not a "Producer" I think the definition is anybody who is actively shooting something with the intention of selling it. Simple.

I think at our first meeting 2 years ago, we were much more relaxed and were more inclined to swap information etc, without paranoia and back stabbing.

Personally next year I would like to suggest, George from Doll Theatre's original idea of "Producers For A Pint" is exhumed from the grave and brought back.

No George, that's NOT a pint of Bollinger it's beer!

<http://www.jimslip.com>
Winner "Best Loved Character"TVX SHAFTAS 2010
Winner of "Best On-Line scene & Best Gonzo Production" at UKAP Awards 2006
Winner of Best TVX series 2011, "Laras Anal Adventures"
Phil mCc

Post by Phil mCc »

I think you should have both a UK Producers club and you should join the AITA as a group, meaning you have a voice there. Thats where the shop owners and distributers are, surely its worth listening to their views and possibly airing yours on them. It's not dear and at most meets someone sponsors a free bar. Can't be bad.

Phil McC

"Stop laughing and tell me it's big"
Live or on demand streaming Hi-def quality programing <http://www.goxxxtv.com> all British Girls at a £1 per pull.
sandie

Post by sandie »

come off it Jim. UKAP members fratenising with the enemy?

u may have noticed its the non members of UKAP that go to AITA meetings already.

anyway im hyjacking this thread of marinos now so I will stop with the UKAP bashing now.

http://www.lovesandie.com/
jimslip

Post by jimslip »

No, I realise George couldn't actually attend, in a physical form, such an informal meeting of producers, having been plucked, frozen and safely stored at the Chessington Producers' Storage Facility!

But I still think that it's a good idea to have such gatherings, not necessarily as an alternative to UKAP.

<http://www.jimslip.com>
Winner "Best Loved Character"TVX SHAFTAS 2010
Winner of "Best On-Line scene & Best Gonzo Production" at UKAP Awards 2006
Winner of Best TVX series 2011, "Laras Anal Adventures"
sandie

Post by sandie »

sorry opps. I mean jim deans not jim slip.

i think ur idea is good actually (jim slip).

i meant the enemy AITA not Bluebird.

http://www.lovesandie.com/
one eyed jack

Post by one eyed jack »

I think one should be careful with the UKAP bashing as there seems to be some wild innaccuracies going around. Some truths to but I dont feel I need to justify anything here as UKAP is more of a round table association than a union with a hierarchy.

One of the untruths is that awards are dished out to those who have paid subs and the other that the awards is a UKAP organised event. It is not in either case though Phil Black is a member of UKAP it is solely a Red Zone event as far as I can see.

There were quite a few people who were not members who were nominated last year.

For me it was never about winning awards but hopefully something that would unify the adult video producing community and promote a more civilised face on the front end of it.

This industry will never make any radical changes or major impact unless producers join forces and the various attacks it is getting from different corners (not entirely unwarranted I might add) only paints a picture to its consumers that this is a fragmented industry of ego maniacal self serving lunatics who cant even sit down to enjoy a drink without spouting vitriol at each other.

At least we dont get this in UKAP (well nowhere near as bad ) i wont say its all lovey dovey and pally pally but at least we all talk.

I think the highlight of this year has got to be the audience we had with Pete Johnson and Murray Perkins from the BBFC discussing various things with regards to legislation end enforcement of new guidelines coming in with regards to IPTV and the internet.

Some of you think you know from what you read but what do you really know until you've heard it from the proverbial horses mouth?

There are some serious issues affecting your future as a producer in this industry and unless you can buy the changes in the law the next logical step is to show there are plenty peple out here who are responsible for their actions and care enough about the health of its resources that I am sure has been instrumental in bringing in plenty of new talent.

All you producers still languishing out there, or even those throwing mud bombs should cease these attacks on public forums and come on board and find out for themselves what is going on. I think you'd be pleasantly surprised that associations such as UKAP is not bad at all but to make a difference we need to make up the numbers to make any real difference.

Say what you want about the awards (oh you have) but that is one facet of getting things done and a step closer to the endgame of promoting an acceptable face to the adult industry.

www.realcouples.com
www.onemanbanned.com
www.linkmojo.me/realcouples
www.twitter.com/realcouples
www.facebook.com/realcouples
harmonyluvver

Post by harmonyluvver »

One can only hope that the awards go to the most deserving people. If not at the end of the day at least you get a night out lol. I hope all the people who are going have a good night out.
Cornish Chris

Post by Cornish Chris »

one eyed jack wrote:

> I think one should be careful with the UKAP bashing as there
> seems to be some wild innaccuracies going around. Some truths
> to but I dont feel I need to justify anything here as UKAP is
> more of a round table association than a union with a
> hierarchy.

Yet membership requires approval by a committee, once you've proved your status (is this not a hierarchy) ?

> One of the untruths is that awards are dished out to those who
> have paid subs and the other that the awards is a UKAP
> organised event. It is not in either case though Phil Black is
> a member of UKAP it is solely a Red Zone event as far as I can
> see.

So why is it tagged as UKAP Awards and not Red Zone Awards ?

> There were quite a few people who were not members who were
> nominated last year.

What about this year ?

> For me it was never about winning awards but hopefully
> something that would unify the adult video producing community
> and promote a more civilised face on the front end of it.

Closed forums and blackballing policy do not promote unity.

> This industry will never make any radical changes or major
> impact unless producers join forces and the various attacks it
> is getting from different corners (not entirely unwarranted I
> might add) only paints a picture to its consumers that this is
> a fragmented industry of ego maniacal self serving lunatics who
> cant even sit down to enjoy a drink without spouting vitriol at
> each other.

Quite true and an admirable goal...however membership via approval whether right or wrong tends to keep any "off centre" prospective members firmly at bay.

> At least we dont get this in UKAP (well nowhere near as bad ) i
> wont say its all lovey dovey and pally pally but at least we
> all talk.

Its good to talk !happy!

> I think the highlight of this year has got to be the audience
> we had with Pete Johnson and Murray Perkins from the BBFC
> discussing various things with regards to legislation end
> enforcement of new guidelines coming in with regards to IPTV
> and the internet.

Excellent stuff always good to have a spy in the camp.

> Some of you think you know from what you read but what do you
> really know until you've heard it from the proverbial horses
> mouth?

Trouble is UKAP is run a bit like a Soho clip joint, until you've handed over you ?200, proved your worth, and been accepted by the committee, you have no idea what lurks behind the plastic curtain.

> There are some serious issues affecting your future as a
> producer in this industry and unless you can buy the changes in
> the law the next logical step is to show there are plenty peple
> out here who are responsible for their actions and care enough
> about the health of its resources that I am sure has been
> instrumental in bringing in plenty of new talent.

I have major issues with the above statement especially regarding "the health of its resources" I won't lie I find Realpuntings connection incredible for an industry organisation to be fronted by a site that gives direct links and reviews on how Joe Public can fuck the talent sits very heavily on my heart.

> All you producers still languishing out there, or even those
> throwing mud bombs should cease these attacks on public forums
> and come on board and find out for themselves what is going on.
> I think you'd be pleasantly surprised that associations such as
> UKAP is not bad at all but to make a difference we need to make
> up the numbers to make any real difference.

Alter the structure and you'd be suprised how many might just do that.

> Say what you want about the awards (oh you have) but that is
> one facet of getting things done and a step closer to the
> endgame of promoting an acceptable face to the adult industry.

True if they represent the industry across the board, and openess and integrity is both recognised by producers and end product consumers alike.