flash web designer required

The 'Promotions' forum is for the posting of promotional material relating to the British adult entertainment industry, as well as the seeking and commissioning of work by models and producers working in the British adult entertainment industry.
Cenobitez

Re: flash web designer required

Post by Cenobitez »

I use Fusion ALOT but the problem is when uget to 200 pages Fusion starts to crumble at its core, and when u hit 300 pages fusion develops alzeimers.

And has a nasty habit of resetting galleries and stuff :)

I've been writting my PHP in Dreamweaver and inplanting into NetObjects :)
It is said that both love and truth walk hand in hand. But if the need is great enough, can we learn to love a lie?
kiNky erOtica

Post by kiNky erOtica »

Cheers,
I'll drop you a mail

Regards,

kiNky erOtica

Ex London Photographer
rgb

Post by rgb »

Best thing to do is avoid all these bloody top heavy programs and do it by hand in Notepad or something....I don't very often, I must admit, but I try to keep control of the situation by only uploading manually so that I can control the file structure on the server.

This is nothing to do with the "prettiness" of the design - that's down to Photoshop and the like which you can't really do without.

Things like Fusion upload a very inelegant file and directory structure (not to mention needlessly complex HTML) and when it goes wrong you're buggered unless you understand the underlying principles.

[url]http://www.ukpussytalk.com[/url]
Cenobitez

Post by Cenobitez »

Well i like static pages :) mainly because search engines dont like ? in URL's and using Mod_Rewrirte is a ball ache.

So rather than havinfg

www.ursite.com/models/index.php?id=1894

I like

www.ursite/models/1894.html

This can be dont with Smarty (part of PHP now, where it uses PHP but produces static pages which are updated as and when u tell them to be ;)

as a point of intrest the Mod_Rewrite function of PHP can produce the type of url i like, or it can produce something like

www.ursite.com/models/1894/index.php

or any other number of combo's

But personally on my PHP site that uses page.php?id=393 type site i get around 300 hits a week off the search engines on my static pages, i get more like 1000 a week so static is my choice :) altho 200-300 pages in fusion if i used ?'s would be reduced to about 20 pages :) heheh

If you need a hand with dreamweaver or fusion shoot me an email :)
It is said that both love and truth walk hand in hand. But if the need is great enough, can we learn to love a lie?
Cenobitez

Post by Cenobitez »

Fusion has its place and to be honest I have a 400 page site in fusion and other than the odd gallery turning into mush, and the massive slowdown and render, there?s not much that can go wrong, by no means is it for a coder, nor is it for a publisher user, its a very good in-between WYSIWYG which makes database connections easy, and galleries easy and so much more, but as does notepad have its place, usually for the purists who hand code 39 nested tables by candlelight using CSS positioning and then shell it to the server but should really be using Vi and *nix, in reality notepad is ok for UBER PROFICIENT coders, but most users don?t want or need that much control or hassle dreamweaver helps ALOT once u get going so id go with dreamweaver :)

I just looked at my folder structure in Fusion

root/index.html
root/html
root/assets
root/assets/images
root/assets/auto_gen
root/assets/files

That?s not far of the kind of layout I use in dreamweaver? Admitted there is no includes folder for php but then fusion wasn?t designed for it.

I can write xHTML, PHP, Visual Basic, CSS and C in notepad without too many problems (well not done C and VB for a while but wouldnt take too long to pick up and CSS/xHTML I just got Top mark in whole college for my result), but Syntax Highlighting in dreamweaver and code help popup speed my accuracy and development up 10 fold easily, the split screen testing has its advantaged the extensions help and soooo much more.

However I find myself more using Zend Studio which is MUCH more powerful than dreamweaver for a developer / coder :)

My advice if you don?t want the hassle of learning the language inside out and keeping up deprecation and stuff of the language, get Fusion, if you want more control dreamweaver, if you want to know the language inside upside down, left to right (a guy I knew who now works for EA Games used to be able to write html backwards tables and everything), then by call means go for notepad but its really not necessary
rgb

Post by rgb »

Correct me if I'm wrong, , Cenobitez, which I may well be, but I recall from using Fusion last year that you have no control over which "assets" directory the files go to. In the structure you quote one of my paysites would have about 5000 jpgs all in roots/assets/images. I like to break that down into separate directories for different girls or different dates. Apart from being tidier, it allows me to grant different access rights, using .htacess files, if, for example, I wanted to set up limited access trial subscription.

You'll probably tell me that I can do that and I never found it on the menus :-)

[url]http://www.ukpussytalk.com[/url]
Cenobitez

Post by Cenobitez »

Ummmmm il have to look at that one :)

There is a way to break the pages the up what way.. but it breaks up on pages i believe.. ummmm

for exampe

root/models/marie/marie.html
root/models/sarah/sarah.html
root/models/nikki/nikki.html

which can be done... and then each folder has its own image and assets folder, but it was real messy.

With a plugin u can create galleries that work like that, so u have

root/models/marie/index.html
root/models/marie/html
root/models/marie/assets/
root/models/marie/assets/images/
etc...

but i think you have to buy the plugin for that extention, im just installing a default install of fusion on another machine to see what happens with a default setup ;)
JC Meister

Post by JC Meister »

Blimey Cenobitez, you have been getting your minerals haven't you!?!?

With regard to the Disability Act blah blah, you can still have things like flash embeded in your sites so long as the information it is displaying is viewable in text only browsers, hence, not putting disabled users at a disadvantage when visiting your sites. The whole W3C thing is a bit of a ball ache TBH, and anyone who has currently has sites in HTML, you need to start making it W3C compliant, i.e. XHTML is what you need to be doing.

That's not as bad as it sounds, it's just a tightening of the code so it's more universal. So things such as all tags must be in caps etc etc etc.

Anyway, Gi, did you look at those site I sent you? They were a mix of pure flash sites, flash embedded sites etc.
kiNky erOtica

Post by kiNky erOtica »

[quote]Anyway, Gi, did you look at those site I sent you? They were a mix of pure flash sites, flash embedded sites etc.[/quote]

Sorry mate, I've not recieved an email from you - that is if you sent an email.

Actually someone here (can't think who at this time) sent an email to my hotmail addy, he's not replied...

Regards,

kiNky erOtica

Ex London Photographer