ofcom

This forum is intended for the discussion and sharing of information on the topic of British born and British-based female performers in hard-core adult films and related matters.
stralis440

Re: ofcom

Post by stralis440 »

I can see how IPTV could really be the answer to the shitty legislation in this country, but surely it is dead in the water before it`s launched with the usage limits now imposed by BT and others on their broadband customers? O.K so the answer then would be to switch to an ISP with no limits, but most of those (AOL being the exception) are smaller companies who may suddenly find themselves in a position of being oversubscribed and then start imposing limits themselves. BT may be selling off channels but they themselves admit the infrastructure (SP?) is not good enough and can`t cope with current bandwidth demands let alone what IPTV may require.
Far from being an expert in law, couldn`t there now be a case that with the impending launch of IPTV and the fact that it is outside current legislation be damaging to the satellite channels, causing subscription cancellations, putting them out of business, putting people on the dole etc, etc. With the human rights issues being used (successfully) in the strangest of cases surely there must be a legal expert in this field that can argue the case of the rights to these people to earn a living, but may not be able to because they are trying to stay within the law but still satisfy customers but will soon be denied that right. Maybe I`m talking cobblers or just stabbing in the dark, but the human rights issue has been used to win some very strange cases.
malcom

Re: ofcom

Post by malcom »

I think you make some good points. VOD in my opinion will only appeal to a relative minority audience until such time there is no download limit and both normal TV size and picture quality is obtained. According to the BT article I read that will be at least 5 years away.

I think the present state of VOD will be nothing more than a short term gimmick until the real deal arrives. Which will be many years from now. If the infrastructure is not there then it's just not there so worthwhile serious VOD aint gonna happen for many many moons......Then I could be wrong.:-)