AIR closed? Purestorm Closing

The 'Promotions' forum is for the posting of promotional material relating to the British adult entertainment industry, as well as the seeking and commissioning of work by models and producers working in the British adult entertainment industry.
sparky

AIR closed? Purestorm Closing

Post by sparky »

AIR (Adult Industry Resources) has been coming up with an error for weeks so is the site closed ?

The status of Purestorm is currently that the site will close in around a month.

Of the sites I know this just leaves Purpleport, Madcow and its adult associate Adultfolio.

Net Model still exists too and an update keeps getting mentioned but even if it does happen IMO it will be like closing the stable door long after the horse has bolted.

While, as discussed here in the past, times have changed the options for models seeking work and photographers seeking models are shrinking.

Facebook & Twitter get part of the blame but I have never seen how to search for a model actively seeking bookings or put up a casting models will find on either.

myson

Re: AIR closed? Purestorm Closing

Post by myson »

Yes, it's been on the cards for ages.
However, nil desperandum, AIR has morphed into https://dirtyfunpeople.com/dfp7/web/ and offers more facilities and capabilities than AIR did.

Myson
!oldie!

Charfan

Post by Charfan »

Problem with purpleport for a a model is that they will lose work as PP charges photographers to upgrade so that they can find ALL the models in an unrestricted search. So you could have a model living 10 mins walk from you but she wouldn't come up in your search until you upgrade for ?40 a year.

I tried it and notice the distance, but feel cheated for having to just find models . Modelmayhem is ok, but not as any models on it.
Grasp18

Post by Grasp18 »

Check out
Adult folio

Same photographers in the forum moaning , all full of importance
Latest moan over , rates models want , For the levels And of course the photographer moaning would never dream of using the models for the extras ... The model offer , or so the say .

Mixed contents of "models" all shapes and ages ......
sparky

Post by sparky »

Charfan wrote:

> Problem with purpleport for a a model is that they will lose
> work as PP charges photographers to upgrade so that they can
> find ALL the models in an unrestricted search. So you could
> have a model living 10 mins walk from you but she wouldn't
> come up in your search until you upgrade for ?40 a year.
>
> I tried it and notice the distance, but feel cheated for having
> to just find models . Modelmayhem is ok, but not as any models
> on it.

The limited search on PP is one reason I preferred PS.
Like messaging it would be better for the hobbyist if a number of unrestricted searches were allowed.
sparky

Post by sparky »

myson wrote:

> Yes, it's been on the cards for ages.
> However, nil desperandum, AIR has morphed into
> https://dirtyfunpeople.com/dfp7/web/ and offers more
> facilities and capabilities than AIR did.
>
> Myson
> !oldie!
>
>

Thanks - I'll have a look.
IMO the name now conjures up a site targeted primarily at swingers, bukkake parties etc. rather than one for models, photographers, studio's etc.

The last time I logged into AIR few models had logged in during the previous month or so indicating they were actively seeking work or following up enquiries.
sparky

Post by sparky »

The closing date for Purestorm is posted as 28th February so a week to download any details in messages, save your pages showing past feedback etc.

I put up a casting call and had just two responses. Once there would be numerous even if some were totally unsuitable.
This just confirms the change over the last few years.

Most of my shoots were either through Purestorm or here, where now very few models visit let alone post seeking bookings.
duncanphotographer

Post by duncanphotographer »

switched to adultfolio far better
Jonboy

Post by Jonboy »

Hi Sparky

Back in 2006 I put up a casting 28 replies, many unsuitable but a large amount.

These days some castings don't even get a response.

Shame the site was good and Matt worked to rectify things if you had a problem

Jonboy
wilkinsnaps

Post by wilkinsnaps »

I agree. Purestorm was sanctimonious and full of photographers who were full of their own self importance and sniping at each other.

Adultfolio is a nice honest site that does what it says on the tin - and free.