Editing facilities available

The 'Promotions' forum is for the posting of promotional material relating to the British adult entertainment industry, as well as the seeking and commissioning of work by models and producers working in the British adult entertainment industry.
Stevie_DVD

Editing facilities available

Post by Stevie_DVD »

I've recently upgraded my edit suites and DVD authoring facilities so I now have the following available for either dry hire or with an operator...

Final Cut Pro HD 3.2Ghz 8Gb RAM 4Tb Storage
Motion, DVD Studio Pro, Colour, Soundtrack Pro etc.

Adobe Premiere Pro
Encore DVD

36" Plasma screen + Surround Sound

Sofa, fridge full of beer, internet access and a balcony if you require a fag!

The edit suite is situated in Guildford in an old mill building and offers a professional and relaxed environment in which to edit your films.

Plus I also have a Z1 Camera kit, PD170, Vinten Tripod, Lighting kit, underwater housing etc.

Email me for more details...

Ta,

Stevie.

PKAY

Re: Editing facilities available

Post by PKAY »

Similar set up to me. What do you think of Premiere? I haven't used it for a few years but found it a real pain and nowhere near as user friendly as FCP or Media Composer. Has it improved? Does it just need time to learn (I am avid trained)?

Just curious.

Cheers

PKAY

broadcast video and dvd services
Stevie_DVD

Post by Stevie_DVD »

I've used Premiere Pro 2 for a couple of years and it's very good if you're just off-lining or working to DV standard - it's owned by Avid now and the work flow is quite similar in some respects. FCP is excellent though for top quality broadcast and DVD work, it can handle all formats up to HD and is very quick if you want to apply effects and graphics and whatnot. Both systems have their strengths and failings, but if you're making something for TV or producing a DVD for retail then FCP is the one to use.

one eyed jack

Post by one eyed jack »

I've got the Adobe Production Premium CS3. I miss the simplicity of a/b roll editing of 6.5 but CS3 has got so much stuff on it and I'm sure rivals FC pro

www.realcouples.com
www.onemanbanned.com
www.linkmojo.me/realcouples
www.twitter.com/realcouples
www.facebook.com/realcouples
Stevie_DVD

Post by Stevie_DVD »

I started with Premiere 6.5 too and found it quite confusing when I had to give up the A/B editing process. CS3 is indeed a very good system, and Adobe have provided the user with some very good yet simple facilities, like the ability to export your movie directly to DVD from the timeline in just a couple of clicks (fcp doesn't do that) - but at the end of the day good movies aren't made by the equipment, they're made by creative individuals with a head full of good ideas, and that applies as much to adult films as any type of production...get yourself a good cast and crew with a positive attitude and a keen collaborative spirit and really the equipment you use is secondary...

(...sorry if this is turning into a bit of a techie forum...:) )
Alex Jones

Post by Alex Jones »

Just a quick word of recommendation for Steve.
He did a bit of editing for me and was excellent.
Nice bloke too.

The website reserved only for first time girls.
[url]http://www.dirtydebuts.com[/url]

Clean samples of the girls are available at: www.youtube.com/DirtyDebutsCom
Most of which were shot by Andy at Handiwork
Stevie_DVD

Post by Stevie_DVD »

Hi Alex, thanks a lot for your kind words, hope you're well mate.

Steve.