Please do this! (Breast cancer awareness)

The 'Promotions' forum is for the posting of promotional material relating to the British adult entertainment industry, as well as the seeking and commissioning of work by models and producers working in the British adult entertainment industry.
Tequila_Woods

Please do this! (Breast cancer awareness)

Post by Tequila_Woods »

Mods - i put in here as im not sure most of the sites users check the OT forum

A favour to ask... It only takes a minute....

Please tell ten friends to tell ten today! The Breast Cancer site is having trouble getting enough people to click on their site daily to meet
their quota of donating at least one free mammogram a day to an underprivileged woman. It takes less than a minute to go to their site and click on "donating a mammogram" for free (pink window in the middle).
This doesn't cost you a thing. Their corporate sponsors/advertisers use the number of daily visits to donate mammogram in exchange for advertising.

Here's the web site! Pass it along to people you know.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com

<http://refer.adultwork.com/?R=1661927&T=1661927>
Letch

Re: Please do this! (Breast cancer awareness)

Post by Letch »

Tequilla

This is my first ever post, but I have lurked for a long time.

have forwarded the details to a Kylie forum I use, it saved her life so its worth it.

Letch
Letch

Letch by Name
Letch by Nature
Pervert

Post by Pervert »

Given that it's fallen down the O/T Forum, and therefore not everyone sees it, good reminder, Tequila.

In fact, it might be an idea (if the mods were willing) to place the link prominently on the site permanently, so we've no excuses not to visit it every day.
Pervert
The Worlds Biggest Collector Of Ben Dover DVD`s
Koppite Till I Die
Remember - You`ll Never Walk Alone
golostruda

Post by golostruda »

I find it sad that in this day and age people still fall for these stupid e-mail scams.
The site you link to is a for-profit site.
It takes 45,000 clicks to pay for one mammogram (mammograms are free in the UK - they cost about $100 in the US, so it works out at .2 of a cent per click and you can only click once per day, that's about a tenth of a penny).
25% of all revenue raised goes to the people that run the site.
The main bloke behind it earns thousands and thousands of dollars a year through naive people going to the site.
If you want to donate money towards breast cancer, donate money to Breakthrough et al.
Sites like this are at best a commercial entity with minor charitable impact, at worst a confidence trick.
Tequila_Woods

Post by Tequila_Woods »

how did you find this out?

<http://refer.adultwork.com/?R=1661927&T=1661927>
golostruda

Post by golostruda »

From snopes.com which is where you should go to check any e-mail circular you receive (the vast majority are hoaxes, cons or at the very least not what they would first appear)...

Click on

Incidentally you would have to click once per day for 123 years, 2 months and 14 days to donate ONE $100 mammogram to an impoversished American lady.

Personally I think people are better off doing a sponsored bike ride or something...