** BGAFD Notice: Server Switch **

This forum is intended for the discussion and sharing of information on the topic of British born and British-based female performers in hard-core adult films and related matters.
woodgnome

** BGAFD Notice: Server Switch **

Post by woodgnome »

bgafd moved to a new server earlier this evening and was offline for approx. 10-15 minutes. as far as we can tell the transition went smoothly but if anyone has lost a post - possibly due to syncing issues - feel free to repost it.

also, if anyone notices anything amiss with the site over the next 24 hours, please bring it to our attention. hopefully, the only difference will be our pages loading a little more quickly.

for those of a geeky disposition the new server is a dual xeon series 2.4 ghz server with 4 gigs ram, 80 gig hd, 1100 gigs bandwidth and other stuff.
Lizard

Re: ** BGAFD Notice: Server Switch **

Post by Lizard »

I think it,s fantastic, it,s already made me a cuppa!

[_]> No Liberals were harmed during the making of this post.
Jacques

Post by Jacques »

OK here's a strange one for you. All posts in the O/T forum always have "new" after them when I return to the site from elsewhere, the other two forums are unaffected and work as normal.

Same in Firefox, IE and Opera.
quis custodiet ipsos custodes
BGAFD Admin

Post by BGAFD Admin »

The 'new' indicator is all managed with cookies, and shouldn't have been affected by the move. Must admit it seems odd it's happening for you in different browsers though.

Have you tried clicking the "Mark All Read" link under the list of threads, then closing and reopening your browser?

Failing that, and as a last resort, maybe try deleting the bgafd cookie. That should fix it !happy!

Jacques

Post by Jacques »

I'm going to blame Windoze as it's changing forum that it's doing it on now!!!!

I'll run CrapCleaner and see if anything changes - had hoped it was your fault !whistle!

Jacques

Post by Jacques »

Well whatever it was seems to have gone now so fingers crossed...

Thanks for the suggestion !thumbsup!