Question for woodgnome

This forum is intended for the discussion and sharing of information on the topic of British born and British-based female performers in hard-core adult films and related matters.
Richard

Re: Question for woodgnome

Post by Richard »

Got to say that I love (though often lurk) on here because of the wide mix of industry and consumers. It is very rare that people from industry can come and discuss their products in an environment like this.

I get to hear things about my products I would not hear any where else, I get to promote my products - and then within hours get to hear feedback direct from the people that are buying (both positive and negative).

I can pick up trends, gaugue opinions, hear what my competitors and peers are up to - have my own products examined by our most loyal user group.

I think at the moment it is a great mix of people as it is - if there was an industry forum I think I would still be on this one and it would be very dry.

philk

Post by philk »

Absolutely not true - no decision has been made. And we do want more feedback - one of the reasons I made the above post in response to eduardo was actually in the hope it might trigger some more discussion, especially since woodgnome's reply to many of the concerns raised in the original thread seems to have passed by largely without comment.

In particular it would be nice to see more feedback from industry folk. Evidence so far suggests it's not necessarily true that industry people are dead against such a forum - while some are obviously showing little enthusiasm, we certainly do know of others who are very positive about it. The "almost unanimous" vote against that you refer to appears to come from fans, and while that's perhaps understandable, the question remains as to exactly how much weight we should give to the opinions of those voting against a forum which they wouldn't be able to participate in anyway? (and before anyone jumps in, I'm not saying we ignore those comments either).

I'll just repeat one of woodgnome's comments in response to the charge that an industry forum would "only serve to enhance the perception of the industry as a 'clique' ... the industry should organise its own forum if it feels it needs one." -

why should organising it's own forum make a difference? the fact is the existing main forum will still be a venue in which visitors from all avenues of life, insiders and outsiders can mix - as is the case now. it would make no kind of sense, commercially or socially, for the industry to ignore it out of 'clique-ness'. if there is a demand for a 'Industry' forum and we choose not to meet it, the fact that one is then set up elsewhere is neither here nore there, surely? the effect will be the same. if it turns out that there is no real need for such a thing, then we won't waste our time setting one up and neither will anyone else.

All we are trying to establish is whether such a forum would serve a useful purpose. So far we know of a few who say a definite yes, but we also know others who are indifferent.

Deuce Bigolo

Post by Deuce Bigolo »

As I said

Lets leave the judging to after the new set up has been running for a few months

Even Nostradamus had trouble predicting outcomes or events in the future
with 100% accuracy

cheers
B....OZ
Joe A

Post by Joe A »

Quite a few in the UK adult biz visit and post here regularly with updates, news, gossip etc and even the odd bit of spam and Tomsk won't be named as one of these :)

At times though, when someone may need to ask a question about a model being reliable... A photographer being a perv.. A model looking for work or the reverse of a photographer/producer looking for a model. Without being rude to the consumers here.. We need somewhere related to the UK industry where we can do this, and where better than the BGAFD. How would posts there, like my examples affect the consumer by knowing ? They wouldn't.. But they would help us in the industry

There are a few in the biz that all live in the London area and so are in touch in person as well as by emails and phones but the majority are dotted all around the UK and if they need to contact someone have to make a dozen phone calls to get to the one person they need...

I'm sure there are many other reasons why a biz forum would be good and I know that it wouldn't stop the biz people from posting here on this fforum. We just need somewhere to talk biz... And while on this subject...

I need to get in touch with Jeff Kaine.. I knew him when I was in the fashion industry and he was in Camden Town.. Does anyone have an email address of phone number for him now ? You can email it to me at: webmaster at ukethnicmodels dot com (Written that way to stop spammers)

<http://www.ukindiangirls.net>
<http://www.anglo-indian-girls.com/Sahara>
<http://www.saharagetsdirty.com>
<http://anglo-indian-girls.com/saharagetsdirty/index.php>